Nairobi Baptist Church was founded in 1958 by a group of 20 people made of Africans, Asians and Europeans who took local initiatives and covenant to form a congregation of born again believers of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. They identified and responded to the need for local congregation of open membership. This membership was based on personal Christian faith and drawn from society’s multi-ethnic groups. The church placed a deliberate emphasis on expository ministry of the Word. In accordance with the mandate of the Holy Scripture, the Nairobi Baptist Church has over the years sought to serve God through: A. WORSHIP The corporate worship life of the congregation seeks to meet people where they are, bringing them to intelligent grasp and practice of the gospel and allow them to grow to Christian maturity (Col. 1:28, 2:6-7; Eph. 4:4-16). B. WITNESS The church seeks to affirm Christian witness, share the gospel and disciple believers to grow. To help them so that they are able to share the whole gospel to the whole person wherever they live and work and in so doing win others to Christ (Matt. 28:16-20; John 20:21) C. SERVICE The church helps believers discover, develop and use their gifts. To seek avenues for providing service and demonstrating Kingdom values within the church and in the wider community (1 Cor. 12:4-13; Eph. 4:12-13). D. FELLOWSHIP To facilitate unity, caring, sharing and belonging; and to address the needs of total person (emotional, physical and spiritual). To build up the body of Christ by serving one another (Gal. 6:2; 1Cor. 12:14-26).
Our Vision Statement
A disciple-making church that is transforming Nairobi and beyond for Christ.
Our Mission Statement
A worshiping community of the Lord Jesus Christ that is advancing the Kingdom of God through the power of the Holy Spirit. We shall undertake this Mission being careful to remain true to values that we hold so dear. Our core values that are derived from God’s Word and reflect our commitment to Him and our earnest desire to be faithful in our service to him and his people who are the focus of his love.
Our Core Values
- Submitting to the authority of the Word of God.
- Cultivating vibrant personal growing relationships with Christ.
- Loving others and reaching the lost.
- Offering sincere worship and persistent prayer to God.
- Striving for excellence and using our gifts in ministry.
CAMPUSES 1. Ngong Road
Order of Our Services
08:00am Word Central 10:00am JIWE Teens Service 10:00am Family Service 12:00noon Bethel Youth/ Young Adults’ Service 06:00pm Mid-week Prayer Service (Every Thursday) 2. Kibera Regular Ministry Programs:
- Sunday Church services in Kibera (Children’s Church, 8:00am; Family Service, 10:00am)
- Weekly Prayer Service (Thursdays, 6:00pm)
- Weekly Bible Study (Fridays)
- Weekly Bible Club (Saturdays)
- Daily Computer Classes
SPECIAL Ministry Events:
- Holiday Bible Clubs (HBC) for children in April and August
- Youth Weekend Challenges (April, August & December)
3. Ongata Rongai Regular Ministry Programs:
- Family Sunday Church Service in Ong’ata Rongai (10:00am)
- Children’s Sunday School (10:00am)
- Weekly Growth Groups Bible Study
- Monthly Youth Hangout (every 2nd Sunday)
- Monthly Growth Groups Leaders’ Meeting (every 4th Saturday)
- Monthly Neighbourhood Outreach (every 2nd Saturday)
Special Ministry Events:
- Growth Groups Sunday (June & November)
- August Family Month
- AddressNgong Road, Opp. City Mortuary, Nairobi
- LocationNo Location
- By Bizna Admin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org